Product’s List in Magento:
In Magento, There are 6 types of products:
Simple Product :
- A Physical product having no variation ( i.e.- size, color ) and associated with SKU(Stock Keeping Unit).
Ex: A Single Shoes ( No variation in color/size and another thing)
- Products that have multiple options ( variation like: color,size..).
- Control inventory for one product.
- Multiple options in one place.
Ex: Shoes Store ( where so many variations in color, size, etc.)
- A Collection of simple products that “fit” together.
Ex: Man in Black ( i.e. black shirt, black paint, black shoes, etc)
- Virtual products are not something that downloadable.
- It’s a service that someone offers.
Ex: Purchasing server hosting.
- Bundled products are either simple or virtual products that can’t be sold separately.
- if it sold separately then it has no sense.
Ex: Laptop/ Smart Phone (Having no sense without RAM, Battery)
- Products that can be downloaded from site/server or in the downloadable form.
Ex: ebook, Song, etc.
Praveen Maurya work in e-commerce domain having knowledge of Plugin development in Magento 1.x/2.x, Drupal, Woo-Commerce, PrestaShop, Opencart and other e-commerce solution. When he is not engrossed with anything related to these, he loves to explore new things.