How to create/generate ipa file in react native iOS
How to generate ipa file or Archive the app in react-native iOS: This article is the next part of beginner’s lessons, you can find the first article on how to start an app here https://www.itechinsiders.com/2019/11/getting-started-with-react-native-first-app-with-little-informationcourse-for-beginners-start-with-basics/ and setting splash screen and app icon here https://www.itechinsiders.com/2019/11/how-to-set-splash-screen-and-appicon-in-react-native-ios/ and this is all about ipa generation.
- After running the app successfully now we are going to generate .ipa file for our iOS app for this, you must select the generic device, just like.
- Go to the menubar and select product->archive, like
- Archive takes time, after archive successful a new window is open containing app name and distribution option like.
- Click on the distribute app and a new screen will appear like.
- Select any option according to your app distribution choice, for me, its development mode then click on the Next button.
- Choose the app Thining option according to your .ipa file requirement and then click on the Next button, the screen is like.
- Manage your signing certificate, it takes some amount of time, after successfully certificate attach click next.
- Now export the project in your desired location then and after open folder use the file which name is project_name.ipa.
Possible issues while generating .ipa file:
- Issue1: could not reparse object file in bitcode bundle: ‘Invalid bitcode version (Producer: ‘1001.0.46.4.0_0’ Reader: ‘1000.11.45.5_0′)’, using libLTO version ‘LLVM version 10.0.0, (clang-1000.11.45.5)’ for architecture armv7 clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
- Solutions: Steps to solve this issue — Build Setting -> search Enable Bitcode option in Build Options category -> Select No
- Issue 2: Missing private key in the development certificate on keychain.
- Solutions: You can add the profile in a keychain or you can select the select development option in a distribution method.
- Issue 3: something like this – object file (/Users/i-hone15/Libr’ry/Developer/Xcode/DerivedD’t’/t’ngohfvtjpgjoisfnjbkqinidcl’dcsd/Build/Intermedi’tes.noindex/ArchiveIntermedi’tes/ t’ngo/BuildProductsP’th/Rele’se-iphoneos/ libRe’ctN’tiveKeybo’rdM’n’ger.'(RCTB’seTextInputView+H’ck.o)) w’s built for newer iOS version (10.3) th’n being linked (9.0).
- Solutions: Version mismatch issues – Change the Min Version to 10.3 from 9.0 in Xcode.
- Issue 4: Black screen before launching the app
- Solutions: Select the splash screen name in the app target general tab(target>general->App Icons and Launch Screens), which like.
- Issues 5: If the app not showing properly on the iPad.
- Solutions: Set deployment Target — please select the deployment target iPad and iPhone both and in devices select universal so app work same in iPhone and iPad and also set device orientation according to your choice, just look like.
And if any other issue then please comment.
Happy Coding Guyz